10 Essential Beauty Tips to transform your look
Here's a list of invaluable beauty tips that will bring you from drab to fab in minutes by Georgina Heffernan...
It's what every woman wants. But for many, a glamorous A-list look is just a dream. Of course we want skin like Jennifer Lopez or Cheryl Cole’s glossy mane but few of us have a fortune to splash out on plush health farm weekends, expensive hair salons and luxurious facials. However, all is not lost.
Here’s a list of invaluable beauty tips that will bring you from drab to fab in minutes...
- Double Duty: For a polished, tonal lip and cheek, dab excess lipstick with your index finger (not a tissue) and blend over your cheeks.
- Peach Baby: Switch pinky blush for a peach tone and apply to the apples of your cheeks for a youthful glow.
- Get Lippy: For a plumper top lip without using filler, blend an illuminator along the curve of your cupids bow.
- Blitz Those Zits: Cameron Diaz has had her fair share of bad skin days but is said to be a devotee of natural remedies to aid her lifelong battle against spots. The star uses powdered milk as a gentle but effective exfoliant on her acne-prone skin. DIY: To make your own natural face mask use two egg yolks, a cup of olive oil and a large banana.
- For Glowing Skin: Drink water - lots of it. It helps to flush out toxins and also keeps you hydrated. Spruce it up with lemon or ginger if you don't like drinking plain water.
- Perfect Fingernails: Julia Roberts soaks her fingernails in olive oil for a few minutes once a week. Olive oil moisturizes your nails without making them weak. It will also soften your cuticles and helps to prevent hang nails.
- Set Your Style: When using any heated hair tool, remember when the hair is hot it is mouldable and when it's cold it fixes in place - so when you've achieved your perfect look, blast cold air onto the root area in circular motion, to secure your style and add impressive volume.
- Healthy locks: To tame flyaway hair, rub your usual hand cream on the palms of your hands and lightly smooth over your hair. Alternatively, take a Bounce laundry sheet and smooth over your hair to prevent static.
- Use Concealer Sparingly: Dab it on with your finger (never rub) and avoid the temptation to keep adding to it, or you'll simply turn a small spot into a mountain of concealer.
- Go Easy On the Blush: Red cheeks can look healthy and defined or, at worst, drag queen-like. To get them right, dip in the brush, blow off excess powder and then sweep across the cheekbones, moving upwards.